What do guests remember most from a wedding?
It’s a question that’s been on my mind lately as I get to see and be a part of so many special days. Of course, as a wedding caterer and chef, I might be biased when I say that food can be the most important part of creating an extraordinary guest experience, but I’m not the only one! Kristin from a recent Wedding Wire forum is a frequent wedding guest and had this to say, “Food is really important to me. I’ve been to over 20 weddings, and one thing I always seem to remember is what I ate and if it was good.” So, this did get me wondering what else (besides food) do wedding guests care about?
Here are the top 5 details to consider when giving your Guests an event to remember!
1. VENUE – Choosing the perfect location that matches your vision but also accommodates your guest’s needs can go a long way for them. Don’t forget to keep in mind some simple things like parking, size, and hotel accommodations. You will get extra credit from your wedding guests if you can provide them with a breathtaking view. Check out the stunning mountain view below.
Pro-tip – Make sure you have a plan B option for your outdoor soiree. Weather is unpredictable, but having an indoor backup will keep the event running smoothly (and warm and dry)!
2. MUSIC & DANCING- Not only does the music help set the mood, but a great DJ will help set the flow of the event and keep the guests entertained and dancing all night. My deciding factor on an excellent event DJ is if I’m fighting to keep from dancing while cooking!
Pro-tip: make sure to seat your older Guests farther away from the DJ booth if you choose to do assigned seating.
3. BEVERAGES- According to the Wedding Wire Newlywed Report, 76% of weddings have an open bar. This detail is simple, keep your guests happy and the drinks flowing. Is budget an issue? Offer coffee and tea selections or a specialty ‘mocktail’ or ‘cocktail’ for your guests while the rest of the drinks are cash bar!
4. ENTERTAINMENT – A photo booth is a go-to, but how about a fortune teller or wine tasting? Giving your wedding guests a little extra something special to entertain themselves will be memorable and stand apart from every other wedding of the season.
Pro-tip- Make it a point to include extra entertainment that speaks to you and your unique tastes. Love Harry Potter? Hire that magician!
5. FOOD – Guests will love curated menus unique to you and your family traditions. Check out our latest customized creations here for an example (and don’t forget to give us a like).
Another tip- make sure the food is a focus and that it is different and fun. Wedding guests will love interactive food stations (think a street taco bar, heavy apps, or a signature dessert) and, of course, those late-night snacks.
What about you? What would you like your guests to remember most from your wedding?
There is so much planning that goes into making every last detail perfect, but don’t forget about what will keep your guests gushing over your event for years to come!